- INFORMATION COLLECTED OR RECEIVED
We collect information from you on this Site to provide a meaningful, safe, efficient, and customized experience. We use this information to:
- make it easier for you to use this Site
- help you more quickly find information on ipsy’s products and services,
- provide targeted online marketing for the Site,
- create content on this Site that’s more relevant to you, and
- alert you to new products, services and special offers that might specifically interest you.
Information You Provide to Us
No billing address or credit card information is collected or retained in ipsy’s own systems. Please do not send your billing address or credit card information to our team directly, for example by emailing this information to an ipsyCare representative. Please use the third party ticketing system to enter this information.
The ticketing agent shares your email address with us so that we may communicate with you about ipsy Gen Beauty and to alert you to ipsy products, services and special offers.
When You Request Information from Us. If you want us to notify you regarding particular announcements or special offers, including Giveaways, you may opt-in by providing your email to us on the Site. We use it to honor your requests, whether that’s emailing you information about certain products or emailing you to tell you about an ipsy Giveaway.
When You Post Public Content. We use this content to bring our community of fabulous ipsters to life.
Public information you post on the Site. Information you post publicly on our Site is intended for public consumption. Please be aware that your username and profile image will be publicly displayed as well as reviews, photos, looks, videos and comments you choose to post. In addition, postings you make on our Site may appear when Internet users execute searches on the subject of your posting. We allow you to share your plans to attend ipsy Gen Beauty from the Site to social media by using the “Who’s Going” buttons on the Site. In order for this to happen you first must opt-in. You can revoke permission to do this by logging into the social media service and disconnecting the ipsy application from there. Remember that you control the privacy settings on each of your social media platforms. We do not control and are not responsible for these third party social media site policies.
Please note that if you are a minor, living in California, and you have posted information publicly that you cannot remove yourself, you have the right to request it be hidden from public view. If you wish to have this information removed, please email us at email@example.com and request removal. We may request additional information from you in order to complete your request.
Site visitors may be able to identify you or associate you with your ipsy account if you include personal information in your account profile or in any content you post. We cannot control who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information.
You can reduce the risk of being personally identified by choosing a username and profile image that do not identify you and by taking care to exclude any personal information in your comments, reviews, looks, or videos. You can change your username and profile picture at any time by logging into your account.
Public information you post on other sites. We also may collect information you post publicly on third-party sites, but only if you choose to follow instructions we provide. For example, we may collect pictures you post publicly on Instagram and re-post them on our Site, but only if you choose to use the hashtag “#ipsy” or hashtags #ipsyGenBeauty or #GenBeauty inside your Instagram post. You can always have us remove the information from our Site by emailing us using this link: help.ipsy.com/customer/portal/emails/new.
When You Share Information about Your Contacts. You may choose to share personal information about friends, relatives or colleagues with ipsy, such as the person’s name and email address. Please do not do so without their express permission.
You may choose to invite your friends to ipsy Gen Beauty by using a unique link that will be given to you after your purchase your ticket. This link may be used by your friends and family to purchase tickets to ipsy Gen Beauty. If they choose to purchase their tickets using the link, you will be credited with the sale. ipsy will not receive any information on your referrals unless they choose to purchase tickets. Please see the third party ticketing site for more information.
Information We Automatically Collect or Receive
Log Files. Like most sites, ipsy automatically receives and stores in log files certain information from your browser when you visit the Site. This information includes your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, Internet service provider, the referring/exit pages, your operating system, and the date/time stamp of your Site visit. We use this information, which doesn’t identify individual Site visitors, to analyze and understand how the Site works for you so we can improve it, to administer the Site, and to gather demographic information about Site visitors for targeted online marketing purposes. We may link this automatically collected information to your personal information.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies Policy
We use a variety of technologies to help us understand how you use ipsygenbeauty.com and our services (collectively, “ipsy”). This guide explains the tracking technologies ipsy uses and is part of our commitment to a high standard of transparency in our privacy practices.
Types of tracking technologies:
- Cookies. This is a small data file sent from a server to your web browser that is stored in your browser and sent back to the server each time the browser makes a request to the server. Cookies can improve a site user’s experience by, for example, allowing the site to keep a user logged in while browsing, saving a user’s site preferences, and allowing a user to add items to a shopping cart and preserve cart contents between site visits, even when the user is not logged in.
- Clear gifs, web beacons, tracking pixels. These are tiny graphics with a unique identifier. They function similarly to cookies and are used to track the online movements of web users. Unlike cookies which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded on web pages and are single pixel wide. ipsy does not tie information gathered by clear gifs to your personally identifiable information.
- If you have turned on location services in your mobile device, we may collect information about your geolocation. If you do not want us to collect this information, you may turn off location services on your smart phone. Turning off location services will not affect your ability to access the app, but you may not be able to access certain geolocation based promotions that ipsy may offer from time to time.
Tracking Technology Lifespans
- Single-session tracking technology: lasts only as long as your site visit. Single-session cookies expire and delete themselves when you leave the site or close your browser. They are used for technical purposes such as enabling better navigation through a site or generating aggregated statistics about how a site is used. Single-session cookies do not publicly expose your personal information.
- Multi-session or persistent tracking technology: remains on your browser or mobile device until you choose to delete it or the cookie expires. Persistent cookies are used to recognize a computer that has previously visited a site. This can improve the user’s experience, for example by continuing preference settings from previous visits and by allowing users to login without entering a password with every site visit.
We use tracking technologies for these general purposes:
- Because it is strictly necessary. This tracking is needed to make ipsy work properly.
- For performance. This tracking helps ipsy understand how the Site is functioning so ipsy can improve the Site.
- For functionality. This tracking retains your personal preferences as you use the Site.
- For advertising. This tracking gathers data to help deliver advertising to you that interests you.
Cookies ipsy currently uses
- Single session cookies are used to ensure the Site displays correctly on your device.
- Persistent cookies are used to measure Site metrics such as which pages are popular, how often people visit the Site, whether people are visiting the Site for the first time, and whether visitors make purchases on the Site. They also are used to enhance Site functionality, for example to allow returning users to use the Site without logging in.
Cookies for email subscribers
Third Party Cookies
ipsy partners with third-party service providers who set cookies and tracking pixels for Site visitors and members on our behalf in order to deliver their services. These services include targeted online marketing and analysis of data collected through cookies. These technologies allow a partner to recognize your computer or mobile device each time you visit ipsygenbeauty.com or other sites that also utilize the third party’s services, but do not allow access to personally identifiable information from ipsy.
Third parties may choose to include ipsy widgets on their sites. When you load a site that has chosen to include our widgets, we receive analytics information through a cookie that may be used to enhance our data or to improve our services.
You can delete cookies stored in your browser at any time. You also can choose not to accept cookies from any site, including ipsygenbeauty.com, by changing the settings of your browser. If you reject or block all cookies in your browser settings, then you will not be able to fully use ipsy’s services.
ipsy does not currently act on “do not track” request headers.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser or device when you visit the Site. This information includes your IP address, device ID, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us, and the referring site address. This information also includes your operating system or application, your location, and your activities voluntarily have submitted to us (for example, your email address).
Other Information We Receive About You
- HOW WE MAY DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT OR RECEIVE
Information we collect from you may be either personal or aggregate. Personal information is identifiable to you, like your name, email address, shipping and billing addresses, credit card information, and phone number. Aggregate information is summary data of the behaviors and interests of groups or categories, so it won’t identify you.
- Aggregate Information. We use aggregate information for the purposes of internal business research, sales and business development and reporting back to our brand partners. We may share aggregated information about our visitor and user base with third parties such as our advertising partners. This information may include the number of daily visitors to our Site and the number of ticket orders placed on a certain date. We do not link aggregated data with our ipsters’ personal information.
- Personal Information. We do not sell, rent, trade, license, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties, except in these limited circumstances:
- Disclosures to ipsy Agents, Consultants, Brand Partners and Related Third Parties. Like most Internet sites, we use third parties to help ensure our business runs smoothly. We disclose your information to these third-party companies so they can perform their specific functions for us. For example, we may provide your name, shipping address, email and phone number to third-party shippers like the U.S. Postal Service and the United Parcel Service to deliver our products to you. We also may provide your name and email address to our Brand Partners who participate in ipsy Gen Beauty. ipsy’s third party vendors may recognize a tracking code used by your browser or application to enable you to receive customized content, or to enable you to use other technologies such as tags and scripts. The tracking code may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to you. When we employ other companies to perform functions of this nature, we only disclose the information that they need to perform their requested function. We do not authorize them to retain, share, store, or use personal information provided by us for any other purpose.
If you purchase a ticket to ipsy Gen Beauty, we share your email address with the Brand Partners who participate in the event so that they may contact you about products you may have purchased from their booths or special offers they wish to extend to you for attending ipsy Gen Beauty.
- Disclosures Required by Law or Otherwise. We may disclose your personal information if we believe, in good faith, that it’s necessary to: (1) comply with a legal obligation such as in response to a court order or subpoena; (2) protect the safety of fellow ipsters or the public; (3) protect against legal liability; or (4) protect and defend ipsy’s rights or property.
- Disclosures through Social Media. Remember that you control the privacy settings on each of your social media platforms. We allow you to share information from the Site to social media. In order for this to happen you first must opt-in. You can revoke permission to do this by logging into the social media service and disconnecting the ipsy application from there.
- Opt-Out. You can always “opt-out” of having your personal information used for certain purposes. At your request, we will stop sending you certain emails or even deactivate your account to prevent any future purchases through it. You can submit these requests at any time by emailing us using this link: help.ipsy.com/customer/portal/emails/new.
- Block Cookies and Targeted Advertising. You can prevent ipsy and its third-party partners from setting and accessing cookies on your computer by setting your Internet browser to block cookies.
Our Site does not act on “do not track” request headers, but you can still limit tracking by taking these steps.
- Contact Our Brand Partner or Ticketing Agent. Our Brand Partners and ticketing agent each have their own privacy policies and methods for you to opt-out of having your personal information used for certain purposes. Please contact the Brand Partner directly for more information. You may find a list of the Brand Partners who participated in ipsy Gen Beauty here.
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
At ipsy, we take data security seriously. We use technical, physical and administrative safeguards. Online, we encrypt your personal information using Transport Layer Security (“TLS”). TLS allows for a private, reliable Site connection where your identity is authenticated with cryptography. Offline, we restrict access to your personal information to only those ipsy employees who need it to perform a specific job function. And we require all ipsy employees with access to your personal information to follow specific practices concerning its proper handling. We also hold our vendors who need access to your personal information to strict confidentiality requirements. Third-party service providers assist us with the physical security of some of our computer hardware. When you visit our Site, you access servers that we backup constantly. Our servers are hosted at locations which are private and secure data center facilities, behind physical and virtual firewalls.
But please remember, while we use industry-standard precautions to safeguard your personal information, we can’t guarantee absolute security. We wish we could, but 100% security just doesn’t exist anywhere online or off.
We share personal information with others outside of ipsy, such as our third party ticketing agent, so that they may process ticket orders. We also share personal information with Brand Partners if you purchase a ticket to and attend an ipsy Gen Beauty event. Please see How We May Disclose The Information We Collect Or Receive.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
- DATA RETENTION
ipsy will retain your information as long as we deem necessary. If you no longer want ipsy to use your information to provide you Services, you may close your account. If you close your account then your profile and the content you posted to the Site will no longer appear on the Site.
You may inform us of any changes or requests about your personal data, and in accordance with our obligations under local data protection law, we will use all reasonable means to update or delete your personal data accordingly. Please email ipsyCare using this link: help.ipsy.com/customer/portal/emails/new. You should not expect that all of your information will be completely removed from our databases in response to your request. ipsy will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Created: January 1, 2012
Last Updated: December 11, 2017